Good Morning!


Even though it's Tuesday it feels like a Monday? (why do "short" weeks seem like they are longer?)

During my journey toward HSP, I was told many things that were "wrong" with me.   The one common thing that was said or implied was that my symptoms were caused by anxiety, I was depressed.  

They were all right:  I was anxious and depressed because I knew something was wrong and no was listening!

Before my diagnosis several medications were prescribed for me.   Those medications were "bandaids", covering up the problem (or given to me because they simply didn't know why I had these symptoms).

Don't get me wrong,  I'm a nurse practitioner I've prescribed countless medications.   Medication is often necessary, but it's important to know WHY we need the medication.  

Anxiety and depression are symptoms.  The only way they are "cured" is when we "fix" WHY we are anxious and depressed.  

This brings me to my topic:  Anxiety 

Lots of things can make us anxious-family, friends, relationships, illness...

Once you know the "Why" then fix that.   Don't cover it up with a "bandaid"

Nothing said in this post should not replace the advice of your doctor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog